CIS Kids’ Closet
The CIS Kids’ Closet is an important resource to make sure that all kids can attend school every day, all day with confidence and dignity, ready to learn. It can be hard to focus on learning if you’re uncomfortable or embarrassed, and it’s hard to do classwork and homework without the right supplies.
Students and school staff can connect with the CIS Site Team at their school to request basic items of clothing, school supplies, or personal care products that are needed.
- Backpacks, especially for middle & high school age students*
- Two-pocket folders*
- Trapper Keepers/zip binders*
- Pencil pouches/boxes*
- Three-ring binders
- Spiral-bound notebooks
- Pens (blue & black)
- Colored pencils
- Markers (washable)
* Denotes high needs item
- Deodorant – spray or stick (men’s & women’s)
- Body wipes/cleansing towelettes – individually wrapped
- Sanitary pads – regular absorbency, thin
- Feminine wipes/towelettes – individually wrapped
Based on our limited staff and facilities capacity, we do ask that all in-kind donations are new. We encourage you to donate gently used items to other organizations in our community who depend on these donations to support their work.
If you are a business, service club, or other group and would like to organize a collection drive, contact Emily Kobza at (269) 337-1601 or firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how we can support your effort.