Breaking Barriers, for Generations
Leave a lasting legacy: make a gift to CIS in your will or trust
Student success lasts a lifetime. At CIS of Kalamazoo, we surround students with a community of support, empowering them to stay in school and achieve in life. From kindergarten all the way through high school graduation, we provide continuity of support so that students stay on track to achieve their goals and dreams. In 22 schools in Kalamazoo, we are a consistent presence in the lives of kids, leaving a lasting impression on the leaders of tomorrow.
Impact future generations of students.
You, too, can make a different for future generations. Leave a lasting legacy in our community by including Communities In Schools of Kalamazoo in your will or trust. By doing so, you will make a positive difference for kids in Kalamazoo well beyond your lifetime.
Legacy gifts help sustain the work of CIS of Kalamazoo while also providing benefits to you, such as:
- • Minimal financial impact to you during your lifetime. Your legacy gift costs you nothing now.
- • Control: you retain control of your assets and can modify your gift at any time. Your gift can remain anonymous if you choose.
- • Your gift may provide tax savings or help reduce the tax burden for your heirs.
- • You can leave a gift in honor or memory of someone who inspired you.
- • You will be helping to empower future generations of students – and community members – in Kalamazoo.
How does it work?
1.) Work with your financial advisor to designate an asset or percentage of your estate to CIS of Kalamazoo. See below for a sample of bequest language.
2.) You can do this while creating your will or trust, or you can amend an existing one.
3.) We’d love to be able to show our gratitude—please let us know of your commitment to CIS. This will also help for planning and ensure your wishes are fulfilled.
Sample bequest language:
Please reference the below sample bequest language that uses our legal name Communities In Schools of Kalamazoo and federal tax identification number 38-2873188:
I bequeath [the sum of $ ____ ] [an amount equal to ____% of the net value of my estate] [a specific asset or collection of assets such as securities, real estate, or tangible personal property] [all the rest, residue and remainder of my estate] to Communities In Schools of Kalamazoo (Tax Identification # 38-2873188), a non-profit organization.