…show up for kids
…are all in for kids (in school and beyond!)
…appreciate our community
Communities In Schools of Kalamazoo is delighted to participate in #GivingTuesdayNow, which is a global day of giving and unity that was organized as an emergency response to the unprecedented need caused by COVID-19. Generosity in any form empowers us to make positive changes in the lives of others, and is a value that everyone can act on.
The tagline for #GivingTuesdayNow: “Together We…” is a perfect sentiment – CIS has elected to participate by giving thanks to our community for the kindness, generosity and collaboration which enable us to remain fully staffed and supporting students each and every day.
For this global day of unity and giving, members of our team each have reflected on an individual or group to recognize in some way. Whether it be volunteers who have gone above and beyond, graduating seniors who deserve some love, or any number of others in our community, CIS team members are eager to recognize some very special people. Here are just a few of the ways that CIS team members have elected to participate in #GivingTuesdayNow:
- Recognizing seniors that the high school site teams have worked with by preparing celebratory yard signs and banners to post in yards and windows of graduating seniors
- Sending hand-written thank you cards to community partners who are working on the front lines in our community
- Sharing gratitude with corporate partners who have offered advice and support for navigating the complexities of running an organization during COVID-19
- Encouraging neighbors to get involved by delivering sidewalk chalk for writing messages of gratitude and kindness for all to see
- Writing a poem to share with a specific volunteer who has supported a student
- Sending a “plantable” card to two special volunteers to thank them for planting seeds of kindness at a school
- Sending e-cards to corporate sponsors who have extended kindness and understanding after we had to change our annual event
- Preparing and sending virtual greetings to volunteers, partners and supporters
And much more! We are fortunate to be a part of this community that provides constant reasons to give thanks, and we’re delighted to take part in this global day of unity.
Together We thank you for being part of our community.