Dear Friends of CIS,
When Communities In Schools of Kalamazoo was founded more than a dozen years ago, we made some promises to you—
- Together with the school district we would improve the well-being of students, including their academic achievement and graduation;
- We would engage the existing resources of the community and connect them to students within the schools to remove barriers to success; and
- We would leverage additional resources to fill gaps and address additional student needs.
We are proud to say, we have kept those promises. And you as community members, have also kept your promises—
- To volunteer—as tutors, mentors and classroom supporters;
- To partner—ensuring that Kalamazoo Public School children benefit from your expertise—in food security, in health care, in counseling and more; and
- To donate—financial contributions, school supplies, personal hygiene products, socks and underwear, warm winter gear and more.
As we celebrate 10 years of The Kalamazoo Promise®, we are also celebrating you because you keep your promises. Thank you!
Tim Light, 2015-16 Board President, and Pam Kingery, Executive Director