Working at CIS is not just a job. You’ll be helping to fulfill the vision of an engaged community where every child fulfills his or her promise. If you are passionate about student success, join the CIS team today!
Director of Development – Full-Time
The CIS Director of Development develops and executes strategies to successfully create and grow a major gifts program. This position builds and sustains meaningful relationships with donors and potential donors, deepening their engagement with the organization and leading to increased philanthropic support to help realize both donors’ and the organization’s goals. The Director of Development will manage a portfolio of donors and potential donors, serving as the primary relationship manager. This position creates and implements plans to engage donors and potential donors in their passion and interests in relation to CIS’ mission and also assures a well-defined system to track activities.
- Five years in development, sales, relationship management or related area. Prior successful experience with major gifts strongly preferred. Prior experience with planned giving a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, sales, public relations, or related field.
- Superior ability to develop and sustain positive relationships with others.
- Strong customer service orientation and the ability to form trusting, productive relationships with a wide range of constituents.
- Exceptional communicator and ability to be an articulate, passionate, and credible presence for CIS within the community
- Strong project management skills with ability to work independently with limited supervision, meet deadlines, anticipate quickly changing needs, and exercise good judgment. Able to function independently in a setting where other staff is not always immediately available.
- Exceptional organizational abilities including prioritizing among multiple tasks, maintaining an effective work-flow across a week, month or other period.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills. Excellent command of the English language, including speaking, writing, grammar, spelling, etc.
- Demonstrated teamwork knowledge and behavior.
- Previous experience with database management or CRM software a plus.
- Strong computer skills and software knowledge including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and/or early mornings to cover work responsibilities
- Valid driver’s license and the availability of an insured vehicle
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
If you are all in for kids and would like to be considered for an interview, please submit your cover letter and resumé to Colleen Loc, Human Resources Manager (email@example.com).
Please identify the name of the position in the subject line of your submission. To help ensure your submission is received, please either email your materials as a PDF and/or do not include the word “resumé” in your email subject line.