Working at CIS is not just a job. You’ll be helping to fulfill the vision of an engaged community where every child fulfills his or her promise. If you are passionate about student success, join the CIS team today!
Marketing & Development Intern – Unpaid (Approximately 10 hours per week)
Provides diverse marketing and development functions for Communities In Schools of Kalamazoo (CIS). Primary duties include providing support for the development program as well as the creation and maintaining CIS marketing materials and event/program coordination.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with the creation of marketing and promotional materials for CIS programs, events, and related announcements to ensure consistency of message and branding. Includes designing fact sheets and gathering content in effort to updating the general CIS brochure for internal and external use.
- Assist with promotional platforms to educate the general community and/or targeted audiences about CIS, its activities/programs, needs and how the community is working through CIS to make a difference for children. Assist with and coordinate social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) on behalf of organization within the marketing framework.
- Support various CIS site visits, programs, and events that support development and promotion, working with necessary CIS staff to carry out events and debrief afterwards.
- Demonstrate exceptional organizational abilities including prioritizing among multiple tasks, maintaining an effective work-flow across a week, month or other period. Able to function independently in a setting where other staff are in and out and not always immediately available.
- Able to create a variety of documents using various software programs including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook (electronic mail), Publisher, Power Point, etc.
- Interact effectively over the telephone, face-to-face or via email with a variety of CIS stakeholders including students, families, partners, Board members, businesses, donors, etc. Strong customer service orientation.
- Exhibit a commitment to the values expressed in CIS mission and vision and create and maintain a positive CIS image. Demonstrate the ability to interact in a positive and helpful manner with all customers both internally and externally. Reflect commitment to building a supportive work environment and maintains a positive attitude in the workplace and toward his/her job. Demonstrates strong teamwork knowledge and behavior.
- Seek direction or clarification on all work tasks when there is a lack of understanding. Initiate communication when unable to complete tasks or meet deadlines.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing, including messages, requests for information, etc.
- All other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle or alternate reliable transportation. Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle strongly preferred
- Currently working on completion of bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent.
- Requires experience with Microsoft Windows or similar operating system, including use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Microsoft Publisher.
- Exceptional organizational ability with the capacity to multi-task with frequent disruptions and the ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Mature judgment, integrity and reliability and the ability to manage shifting demands and priorities in a calm, effective manner.
- Ability to take initiative to complete tasks independently and/or to seek direction or clarification when needed.
- Ability to read, comprehend and transmit written or verbal detailed and complex instructions to plan and perform job responsibilities according to deadlines and other requirements.
- Ability to operate as a member of a team and interact with diverse stakeholders.
- Understands and embraces diversity and inclusion in thought, word and actions.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
If you are all in for kids and would like to be considered for an interview, please submit your cover letter and resume to Colleen Loc, HR Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org.